After recently setting up a FREE Foot Massage tent at the Milkwood Run, we realised that alot of runners don’t look after there feet. They want to be pampered but possible don’t have the time.
Here’s a bit of knowledge on how fungal infections start:
A fungal nail infection generally starts out as a slight yellowish tinge to the nail, or even a white spot. But as the fungus begins to spread and mature, it can turn a yellow, green or even black colour. Because the nail is designed to be strong, removing an infection from the nail bed can be tricky.
- Drying thoroughly between your toes after a bath or shower is a good idea.
- It’s also worth keeping your nails trimmed – cut straight across (especially for runners), not going too close to the skin.
- Shoes that allow your feet to breathe and your toes to wiggle prevent the conditions that fungus thrives in.
- Use Medipod Foot Repair Cream, it is a 2 minute a day spa in a tube. The 4 in 1 Foot Repair Cream will keep your feet smooth and provides a 24h protection from bacteria and fungus.
- Wash your shoes in FungiSolve, 60% of people suffer from skin infections of the feet, and/or toenails. FungiSolve stops reinfection in Athlete’s foot.
Early on, the fungal organisms (dermatophytes) create a white spot or yellow tinge to the nail, usually on the top or at its side. The nail can then grow thicker before starting to crumble away.
Buy all products on line at www.medipod.co.za